Snack time just got so much better. These protein peanut butter balls are the perfect snack food when you are craving something sweet.
The protein helps to keep you fuller longer, and the peanut butter makes these delicious. They are also a great kid friendly snack.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for 1 month.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
Optional Additions to add to this recipe
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Chopped roasted peanuts
- Melt dark chocolate and dip the chilled balls halfway to replicate buckeye candies.
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (vegan)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine oat flour and almond flour. Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet
- Toast for 5-7 minutes until just barely starting to turn golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Add flour into a bowl. Add the protein powder and salt. Mix to distribute everything.
- Add the agave and peanut butter. Mix to form a thick dough.
- Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time as needed if the mixture is too crumbly and does not hold together easily.
- Oil your hands and any utensils. Scoop heaping tablespoon size amounts of the dough and roll between your palms to form a ball. Alternatively, you can use an oiled one tablespoon cookie scoop or melon baller to form them.
- Once formed, chill in the fridge for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for 1 month.
Chopped roasted peanuts Extra option: Melt dark chocolate and dip the chilled balls halfway to replicate buckeye candies.