When you are in need of a quick and easy dinner recipe, look no further than this roasted honey mustard chicken. This takes about 30 minutes to cook and is only 2 SmartPoints on Weight Watchers per serving.
I totally understand how hard it can be to get dinner on the table during the work week. It’s something that I sometimes struggle with and has become a challenge for me as well. But, I find that I can help to relieve stress by cooking. My sister used to tell this to me and I never believed her, but it’s true. Why are older sisters so wise?
Have you ever tried to relieve your work week stress by cooking? If you haven’t, you need to try it because it really does help.
One thing that helps me keep my head above water is that we will be keeping our weekly date nights – a commitment we both made last night. Also, my husband is pretty level headed, so he can calm me down when my freak flag starts to fly…so thankful for that man!
When life gets stressful – like it is about to be for us – I want to have simple, easy meals to cook for dinner. It helps if it’s healthy, and this roasted honey mustard chicken recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
To make this roasted honey mustard chicken recipe:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix together the honey and the mustard. Set this aside. Place the chicken breasts on a prepared baking sheet and sprinkle salt and pepper on them.
Coat the chicken with the honey mustard sauce you made earlier. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Roasted Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey and the mustard. Set aside.
- On an olive oil sprayed baking sheet, place the chicken breasts. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with the honey mustard sauce you made earlier. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Continue to coat the chicken with the honey mustard mixture as the chicken cooks. Some of it will run off of the chicken and you can easily use a spoon to add it back to the top of the breasts.