When you need a side dish or a delicious vegetarian main meal, try this roasted vegetable couscous recipe. This recipe is only 5 SmartPoints per serving on Weight Watchers, so it’s a perfect compliment to a meal or a meal itself.
Finding healthy side dishes can be a challenge. It’s so easy to reach for those french fries or side salad with loads of cheese and croutons. But it doesn’t have to be that way. You can make simple side dishes that are healthy and easy. And taste great. Roasting vegetables and mixing them with couscous can make any main dish fabulous.
Roasted Vegetable Couscous
- 1 cup couscous cooked
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 medium squash chopped
- 1/2 container container grape tomatoes halved
- 1 container container of plain Greek yogurt I used Chibani
- salt and pepper
Roast the vegetables:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the zucchini, squash and grape tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the veggies on a cookie sheet, and bake for about 10 minutes. You want them to still be crispy when they are completed.
Cook the couscous:
- Add 1 cup of water for every 1 cup of couscous you are making.
- Once the couscous is done cooking, mix in the yogurt and stir. This is to make it creamy. Add in the roasted veggies. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately.