Summer is here! And with that comes a new delicious seafood recipe. This jerk shrimp stir fry with cauliflower rice is low carb and so easy to make – it’s only 4 Freestyle points per serving (2 cups) on Weight Watchers.
First of all, when did it become almost June? I feel like this year has flown by so quickly and before we know it, it’s going to be Christmas-time.
Geez – I can’t believe 2017 is almost half over. Speaking of which, if you set a goal to lose weight this year, how are you doing?
If we were to do a mid-year check in, how would you be doing? Do you need any help throughout your journey? – I’d be happy to help!
One thing I have learned in this year of maintenance, is that seafood is really good for you. And it’s very low in Freestyle points!
When I was coming up with this recipe, I wanted it to be low-carb, and what better way than using cauliflower rice instead of brown rice?
The tangy flavor of the jerk shrimp stir fry with cauliflower rice is amazing and the snow peas and peppers add that extra crunch. It’s a wonderful low-carb meal.
If you are interested in other fish recipes, this grilled fish taco recipe is perfect. It’s great all year around, but absolutely perfect in the summer.
Sauteed Jerk Shrimp Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
- 20 oz frozen large or jumbo shrimp tail off and deveined
- 5oz bottle jerk sauce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 medium red pepper sliced thin
- 1 medium green pepper sliced thin
- 1 package snow peas
- 2 handfuls fresh green beans
- 1 stalk green onions chopped
- 8 oz frozen peas and carrots
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package riced cauliflower cooked by package directions
- Thaw the shrimp. Once the shrimp is thawed, add it to a gallon sized zip lock bag. Add the jerk sauce and coat all of the shrimp. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and all of the jerk marinade to the skillet. Bring to a boil and cook until the shrimp is cooked through on both sides and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat a very large skillet (like a wok) over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the olive oil is hot, add the garlic and green beans. Stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the peppers and green onions. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes. Next, add the soy sauce on top of the veggies and stir to combine. Finally, add the snow peas and bring to a boil.
- Pour the cooked shrimp and jerk marinade into the vegetable mix and stir to combine. Finally add the cooked cauliflower rice and stir to coat. Serve immediately.