No matter the level of cook that you are, you should make this sheet pan chicken fajita bowl recipe for your family. It’s easy to make (the oven does most of the work for you) and it’s delicious. The best part? It’s only 3 Freestyle points per serving on Weight Watchers…so it’s healthy too!
If you are starting or restarting your weight loss journey, know that you aren’t alone. I have restarted after many months and I am excited about what this year will bring (hello 10lbs lost so far).
Watch this video to learn how to make this recipe
Remember that I created a series for the blog to help you if you are debating about joining Weight Watchers.
It’s called Getting Started and will help you with the plan, and resources to help you be as successful as you should be.
I will be saving myself so much money by cooking this myself (most cooking done on one sheet pan) and it’s so freaking easy.
Let’s crush those goals that we have for ourselves this year! This recipe is not only incredibly easy, but it’s healthy and will fill out you up.
No matter where you on your weight loss journey (or cooking journey), this recipe will make those times in the kitchen feel easy and worth the effort (mainly because the effort in the kitchen is minimal).
If you are interested in additional quick and easy recipes, I highly recommend these sweet chili shrimp tacos or this black bean and feta salad (a great side dish or could be a main meal).
What are some of your favorite easy meals?
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Bowls
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 medium red pepper sliced thin
- 1 medium green pepper sliced thin
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned corn drained
- 1 medium red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet with foil. Spray olive oil spray on the foil. Lay the chicken breasts in the middle of the cookie sheet. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and the taco seasoning. Add the salsa on top of the chicken, if using.
- Add the sliced peppers to one side of the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix to make sure that the seasoning is over all of the peppers.
- Repeat process with the red onion slices. Place cookie sheet in the oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- When the chicken and peppers are finished cooking, create your bowl. Add 1/4 cup cooked rice, 3 slices of chicken, peppers and onions. Top with black beans, corn and more salsa, if desired. Serve immediately.
Thank you so much. I hope you enjoyed this!
Very good. Even could do it as 2 servings for 9 pts
Thank you so much! I’m so glad that everyone in your family loved it. It’s one of my favorites – and so tasty!
This was wonderful. My whole family loved it. Thank you!