Let’s conquer the summer slump by making this easy simple salmon summer salad recipe with a homemade lemon and honey vinaigrette.
It really does take about 12 minutes to cook and can be prepped in less time than that. Plus, it’s only 8 Freestyle points per serving on Weight Watchers, so you know it’s healthy too.
It’s so high in Freestyle points mainly because of the olive oil for the dressing. If you omit this or lessen it, the points will be lower.
When it comes to summer, you just don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen…so simple recipes are key.
Luckily, there are quite a few deliciously easy recipes that don’t take much time at all to throw together. This salad is one of those recipes.
All you need is 10 minutes…who doesn’t have 10 minutes? By the way, my husband loved this recipe – he went back for seconds, so you know this is good!
What type of salad or dressing would you try?
Simple Salmon Summer Salad
For the Salad:
- 2 fillets wild caught sock-eyed salmon
- 1/2 bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup reduced sugar dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/8 cup cashews chopped
- salt and pepper
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons honey optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spray with olive oil spray and lay the salmon fillets on there. Cover with salt and pepper (be generous). Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and mix well to combine together. Taste and adjust if necessary (you could add more olive oil, if needed). In a large bowl, add the baby spinach, dried cranberries, feta, and cashews. Mix to combine.
- To plate, add the spinach that’s been mixed together including extra toppings, if necessary. Then add 1 piece of cooked salmon and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.