When you are craving Olive Garden, try this skinny baked chicken Parmesan recipe at home instead. It’s easy to make and tastes just like the namesake recipe.
I love Italian food. Like, I could eat it for every meal for a week. It’s just one of my favorite things.
True story: I had a friend in high school and we would go to Olive Garden and bet each other who could finish their Chicken Parmesan first.
First of all, never do this…it was crazy and we were SO full afterwards. Second, I think I always won, but I really can’t remember. And third, you should try this skinny baked version instead.
It’s much healthier for you and you honestly wouldn’t know the difference.
What are your favorite Italian recipes?
Skinny Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 6 boneless chicken breasts thin
- 2 egg whites beaten
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Make-Ahead Marinara Sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese grated
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg whites and some salt and pepper. Mix together. On a small plate, combine the Panko breadcrumbs, 1 oz Parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper. Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-low heat.
- Place each chicken breast in the egg mixture, making sure to cover both sides of the chicken. Immediately place each chicken breast in the panko mixture and cover both sides with the breadcrumbs. Shake off the excess.
- Place the Panko covered chicken breast in the heated skillet and cook on both sides until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Once all the chicken is cooked, spoon a small amount of marinara sauce onto each chicken breast.
- Add the rest of the cheese and place in the oven for about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.