If you love eating Chicken Philly’s like I do, then you will love this skinny chicken Philly recipe. This recipe keeps all the wonderful flavor of a traditional chicken Philly that you love, but makes it WW friendly. This recipe is only 6 SmartPoints on WW (Blue plan).
*Spoiler: I am a sucker for a Philly Cheesesteak. I don’t care where it comes from. As long as it has meat, peppers and cheese in it, I will eat it and love it. But with that love comes a whole bunch of unnecessary calories. So, what gives?
When I found the base recipe on Weight Watchers, I couldn’t believe my eyes. I even tried out their version as a test to see how this would turn out…and it was good, but needed some improvements.
I added mushrooms and peppers to the base recipe – and used a hoagie instead of flatbread. You can take out the innards of the bread to make it even more Weight Watchers friendly.
If you are interested in other chicken sandwich recipes, try this Easy Chicken Salad sandwich recipe. It’s another quick and easy lunch recipe you can quickly throw together.
To make this Skinny Chicken Philly recipe:
In a large non-stick skillet, saute the onions, peppers and mushrooms with a bit of cooking spray. Once the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft, add in the cubed chicken. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes.
In the pan, separate the chicken mixture into 4 quadrants and add the cheese. Let the cheese melt in the pan and then spoon it out into the buns. Serve immediately.
Skinny Chicken Philly
If you choose to use a hoagie instead of the hot dog bun, the SmartPoints will be 10.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 lb chicken pounded thin cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- 4 slices of white American cheese
- 4 light hot dog buns or hoagies
- Heat a large skillet to medium-low heat. Coat it with cooking spray. Once the skillet is hot, add in the onions, peppers and mushrooms. Cook until the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft.
- Add in the cubed chicken and spices, cooking until the chicken is cooked through.
- After the chicken is cooked, divide the contents into 4 quadrants. Add a slice of cheese to each of the quadrants and let the cheese melt.
- Once the cheese is melted, scoop the contents into the hot dog buns and serve immediately.