If you love eating Chicken Philly’s like I do, then you will love this skinny chicken Philly recipe.
This recipe keeps all the wonderful flavor of a traditional chicken Philly that you love, but it’s less calories than a traditional chicken Philly.
*Spoiler: I am a sucker for a Philly Cheesesteak. I don’t care where it comes from.
As long as it has meat, peppers and cheese in it, I will eat it and love it. But with that love comes a whole bunch of unnecessary calories. So, what gives?
Ingredients you will need for this recipe
I added mushrooms and peppers to the base recipe – and used a hoagie instead of flatbread.
You can take out the innards of the bread to make it even more healthy.
If you are interested in other chicken sandwich recipes, try this Easy Chicken Salad sandwich recipe. It’s another quick and easy lunch recipe you can quickly throw together.
What are your favorite sandwich recipes?
Skinny Chicken Philly
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 1 large red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 pound chicken pounded thin cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- 4 slices white American cheese
- 4 light hot dog buns
- Heat a large skillet to medium-low heat. Coat it with cooking spray. Once the skillet is hot, add in the onions, peppers and mushrooms. Cook until the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft.
- Add in the cubed chicken and spices, cooking until the chicken is cooked through.
- After the chicken is cooked, divide the contents into 4 quadrants. Add a slice of cheese to each of the quadrants and let the cheese melt.
- Once the cheese is melted, scoop the contents into the hot dog buns and serve immediately.