Desserts are tricky if you are trying to lose weight. But this slow cooker apple-peach crumble is easy to make and healthier than your traditional versions.
It’s only 4 Freestyle points per serving on Weight Watchers, so it could be the perfect end to your day.
I had never attempted to make dessert in my slow cooker until this recipe. And let me tell you – I will be doing this more often.
Watch this video to learn how to make this recipe
It doesn’t take that long to cook, so you can definitely get this one ready for your next gathering over the weekend.
There is something weirdly satisfying when you can just throw in all the ingredients, set the slow cooker to cook and boom…dessert is cooked pretty quickly.
I was able to throw this in the slow cooker while I was doing chores this weekend and was able to serve it 3 hours later. The apples were cooked and so sweet. And the peaches were perfectly ripe.
I was able to use locally grown apples and peaches, which is so great when you live in Georgia. If you are ever in Georgia, head up to the North Georgia mountains to get fresh, ripe and delicious apples.
And you can head south to get locally grown, fresh peaches.
While I don’t typically make desserts since I started my weight loss journey, I do crave sweets occasionally.
And that is why I love quick and easy recipes that I can basically throw into the slow cooker and have it do all the work.
It’s a challenge sometimes to find desserts that are healthy for you. I get it!
What desserts are your favorites?
Slow Cooker Apple-Peach Crumble
- 4 large ripe peaches chopped
- 4 large sweet apples chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons light butter melted
- Place the chopped apples and peaches into the slow cooker. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top and the water. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, rolled oats and melted butter. Sprinkle this on top of the apples and peaches mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Serve immediately.