If you are craving comfort food, look no further than this slow cooker beef stroganoff recipe. It is only 9 Smartpoints on the Blue plan per serving, and is so filling.
It’s also incredibly easy to make (thanks to the slow cooker), but tastes like it took you a lot of time in the kitchen. Get ready to wow those guests!
Weeknights can be rough – especially if you have to cook after a long and tiring day at work. So, that is why I have leaned so heavily on my slow cooker lately.
I also absolutely love how you can basically just throw things into the slow cooker and let them cook all day…with minimal intervention during the cooking time.
If you are wanting some other comfort food, these mini creamy chicken pot pies are perfect.
The slow cooker allows me to cook healthy meals without having to slave in the kitchen (or feel like I am slaving in the kitchen). Does anyone else feel that way?
I just love that after having a baby, I can still make healthy food easily.
The slow cooker was honestly a lifesaver for us when I was on maternity leave. This is also a great meal when you need to feed your kids and find a kid friendly meal.
When I am wanting a healthy recipe, but I don’t want to do the work to cook it, I will create a slow cooker recipe.
And this one is fantastic (my husband actually wanted me to try to create a beef stroganoff recipe).
And that is the thing. Cooking beef stroganoff in the slow cooker really and truly makes the beef almost melt in your mouth. I love the low and slow cooking of a slow cooker because it really makes the meats so tender.
This recipe has turned me into a believer – and it’s one that I will be trying again and again because it’s so delicious!
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pound flat iron steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 carton white mushrooms chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 4 cups egg noodles cooked
- Spray the slow cooker insert with the olive oil spray. Add the steak, onion, mushrooms and beef broth. Add the flour, mustard, salt, pepper and sour cream. Mix everything together. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- When the meat is finished cooking, remove the meat and cube it into small pieces. Serve on top of the egg noodles. Enjoy!