Don’t have time to cook a full dinner? Don’t worry! This slow cooker chicken curry recipe is fantastic and so easy to make. I love the different flavors that are in this meal, so much so that we were eating this for about a week.
I’m going to warn you about something with this recipe. This recipe stinks. Like it really smells up your house.
It’s not a terrible smell, but it does make it stink (and the leftovers will stink as well in the refrigerator and when you heat it up). Just be warned that this recipe has a pungent smell.
Even though this recipe stinks, it tastes amazing. And it’s so easy to make. That’s one of the things I love most about slow cooker recipes.
You basically just throw everything into the slow cooker, and let it do it’s thing. There isn’t much else to do to your meal. If you love the “dump and cook” type recipes, you should try this spicy tikka chicken masala recipe.
One thing I struggle with is coming home from a rough day at work and having to cook dinner. It can be so stressful if you aren’t planning your meals or have a rough work day. And I totally relate to that.
It can be hard, but I absolutely love slow cooker recipes for this reason. You just throw it all into the slow cooker and turn it on. There’s not much that’s easier than that.
I also love coming home to a cooked, delicious smelling meal. It makes me so hungry, but excited to eat my dinner. Does anyone else get excited to come home to a cooked dinner?
To make this slow cooker chicken curry:
Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and spices. Cook on low for 10 hours.
About halfway through cooking, add the coconut milk, mushrooms, broccoli, peas and carrots. Take the chicken breasts out and shred them. Add them back to the slow cooker and continue cooking until the veggies are cooked, about 4 more hours. Serve immediately.
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 15 oz can coconut milk
- 5 large carrots chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 container of mushrooms
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and spices. Cook on low for 10 hours.
- About halfway through cooking, add the coconut milk, mushrooms, broccoli, peas and carrots.
- Take the chicken breasts out and shred them. Add them back to the slow cooker and continue cooking until the veggies are cooked, about 4 more hours.
- Serve immediately.