Making a comfort food recipe doesn’t have to be difficult. This slow cooker chicken noodle soup recipe is so easy to make and tastes amazing. Just throw the ingredients in the slow cooker and relax. Lunch or dinner will be on the table 6 hours later.
The weather has cooled down enough to really bring on the soups. There is something so comforting about chicken noodle soup.
I think it might be because I used to get the Campbell’s version of it all the time when I was sick. I just have memories of it bringing me back to life after the flu that pulls at my heartstrings.
Everything about this chicken noodle soup is so different from the canned Campbell’s kind.
I personally think this tastes way better than that, and besides the cook time, it didn’t take that long to prepare.
Since this is a slow cooker soup, you know that the cook time will be high, but chopping up the veggies and getting it in the slow cooker took no time at all.
What’s even better is that you could prep all the veggies the night before and quickly throw everything into the slow cooker in the morning before you leave for work. It’s that easy!
If you are interested in additional slow cooker soup recipes, I recommend the chicken and wild rice soup recipe or the chicken tortilla soup recipe.
I don’t know about you, but if I can prep dinner and get it cooking in about 10 minutes, I am all over that recipe!
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 3 carrot sticks chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cups egg noodles 1 bag
- 3 Tablespoons garlic salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon cracked red pepper
- olive oil spray
- Place the chicken breasts in an olive oil sprayed slow cooker. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the garlic salt and the pepper. Add the veggies, chicken broth and spices. Cook on high for about 6 hours.
- When you have an hour left to cook, take the chicken out and shred it. Put the shredded chicken back in the slow cooker and add the egg noodles. Stir and continue cooking. Serve immediately when it’s finished cooking.
Thank you Tabitha. It’s so delicious and well worth the time it takes to cook (it’s super easy to get in the crockpot…you just have to wait 8 hours for it to cook). It’s so good!
I love chicken noodle soup too. It’s such comfort food and I love that! It’s so easy to make in the slow cooker, and well worth the time it takes to cook it. Yum!
This looks awesome! I will definitely have to try out this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
I love chicken noodle soup and make a very similar recipe on the stove top. never thought about doing it in the slow cooker! Excellent!