Spice up your taco night with these Coca-Cola Life Korean beef tacos. The flavor of the meat is sweet because of the Coca-Cola Life, but it also has a Korean BBQ kick to it that you usually can’t find in a taco.
I want to give you a little background about me. I work at Coca-Cola headquarters in Atlanta. I am constantly surrounded by Coke products that are free and available for the taking.
I have developed pretty great blinders since joining Weight Watchers. It’s difficult to be surrounded by so many sugary drinks, but I am proud that there are also so many healthier options.
One of these healthy drink options is Coca-Cola Life (it’s in the lighter green can if you are looking for it at the store).
It’s made with cane sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup and tastes the same to me as regular Coke. And, it’s lower in calories, which means it’s lower in SmartPoints.
It’s still 6 SP for a 12oz can, but that’s better than the 9 SP for a regular Coke. Yes, there are Diet Coke options as well, but I’ve NEVER been a fan of Diet Coke and that won’t be changing anytime soon.
if you are interested in additional slow cooker recipes, I highly recommend this spaghetti sauce recipe or these buffalo chicken sliders.
One day at lunch (we have an amazing cafeteria), they were serving Korean Coca-Cola tacos. I knew I could recreate this recipe and I am so glad that I did.
I used Coca-Cola Life instead of regular Coke and made my own Korean marinade that is to die for. The meat has a sweetness to it that is unexpected, but there is still that Korean kick that you expect to find.
And cooking these tacos in the slow cooker was the best thing I could have done. It made it SO easy to get the meat tender, yet still be juicy.
Slow Cooker Coca-Cola Life Korean Beef Tacos
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 1 can Coca-Cola Life
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sambal oelek
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 soft taco shells
- coleslaw optional
Marinate the Steak:
- In a large ziplock bag, place the steak and all the spices and ingredients except the Coca-Cola Life, taco shells and coleslaw. Make sure to cover the steak with the marinade completely. Place in the refrigerator and marinate at least 8 hours, or overnight.
Cook the Meat:
- Spray the slow cooker insert with olive oil spray. Place the contents of the ziplock bag including the marinade into the slow cooker. Add the Coca-Cola Life to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
Create the Tacos:
- Once the meat is done cooking, take it out and shred it. It should be easy to pull it apart and shred. Set it aside.
- Assemble the tacos by getting a taco shell, filling it with the meat (and sauce if you want) and top it with coleslaw, if using. Serve immediately.
Thank you Chris. This recipe really is delicious. Now, for your question…I honestly can’t remember what the serving size was, but you are right. 1lb isn’t enough for 16 servings if it’s 1 cup of meat. I think I meant for it to be 1/2 cup. I’ll add that to the recipe card now and fix it.
Hi Kristyn – this looks delicious, and like you said, something different, tasty, easy to make and ww friendly. I have one question – can you confirm the servings and serving size – it doesn’t seem like 1 lb of skirt steak would equate to 16 cups of shredded meat. Thank you! 🙂