When you don’t have a lot of time to cook dinner, try this easy slow cooker Moroccan chicken soup recipe. It’s healthy, only 2 Freestyle points per serving on Weight Watchers and tastes great. The only downside is that you have to smell this cooking all day long!
I am obsessed with my slow cooker and soups this year. And I’m not sorry about it. I absolutely love how low in points soups can be, yet how hearty and delicious they are as well.
While some soups don’t fill you up much, this one will keep you full for a long day.
If you love soup as much as I do, you will love this slow cooker Moroccan chicken soup. I love how flavorful it is and how many vegetables are in it.
It might sound simple to make (and it is), but it packs a punch with the flavors and spices that are in it. If you are interested in additional slow cooker recipes, I highly suggest slow cooker Asian chicken sliders or slow cooker chicken tortilla soup.
And quinoa adds enough grain to this delicious soup to help elevate it to hearty. I loved how the chicken, quinoa and vegetables were so flavorful from cooking in the slow cooker for hours.
It really added to the depth of this soup and elevated the taste of it, in my opinion.
To make this slow cooker Moroccan chicken soup recipe:
Add the chicken breasts to an olive oil sprayed slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and the other spices. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.
When the slow cooker is finished cooking, take the chicken breasts out and shred them. Add them back to the slow cooker and serve immediately.
What kinds of Indian/Moroccan cuisine do you like?
Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini quartered
- 1 medium squash quartered
- Add the chicken breasts to an olive oil sprayed slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and the other spices. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- When the slow cooker is finished cooking, take the chicken breasts out and shred them. Add them back to the slow cooker and serve immediately.