Summer is in full swing, which means that you are outdoors and with family. This slow cooker salsa chicken tostadas recipe is perfect for the busy summer days. These tostadas are only 6 Freestyle points per serving on Weight Watchers, so you can enjoy these without feeling any guilt.
There is something about summertime that makes me not want to be in the kitchen as often. Am I the only one? I want to be outside or with friends and family – not in the kitchen cooking all day.
Watch this video to see how to make this recipe
Maybe it’s the longer days or maybe it’s that I feel there are so many other things I could be doing. But either way, I don’t want to be in the kitchen.
I have been using my Instant Pot so much lately that I kind of forget about my slow cooker. And I’m so glad that I remembered to use it again.
What is your go-to small kitchen appliance? It’s a toss up for me, but the slow cooker is definitely up there on the list.
If you are interested in additional slow cooker recipes, I recommend checking out this BBQ pulled chicken recipe or this steak and noodles recipe.
Or try this Hawaiian chicken recipe…it’s delicious too.
What is your favorite slow cooker recipe?
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Tostadas
- 1 pound boneless chicken
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 16oz jar salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 12 tostadas
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 3 cups lettuce shredded
- 8oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 8oz can sweet corn drained and rinsed
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- In the slow cooker, add the chicken breasts. Sprinkle the taco seasoning on the chicken. Add the chopped onion and the salsa to the cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken is cooked.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, remove it and shred it. Once it’s shredded, return it back to the salsa mixture and mix to combine it. You want to add those juices to the shredded chicken.
- Now you can make your tostadas. Add a tostada to a plate. Add 1 cup of shredded chicken to the tostada. Dress them with lettuce, tomato, black beans, corn and feta cheese. You can just sprinkle these on each stack of tostada that you make.
I love them too! They are so tasty and easy to make…yum!
Thank you – it’s delicious and so tasty. Plus, it’s pretty easy to make (all things considered).
Yum! I love tostadas so much and these are a great healthy alternative!
Looks So yummy and it’s healthy! My kind ignore meal!