Easy dinners are necessary when you work full time, and this slow cooker spicy tikka chicken masala recipe is perfect to just dump in the slow cooker and let cook. This recipe is filled with flavors and spices that you wouldn’t expect. It’s delicious!
I absolutely love Indian food because of the flavors and different spices that are used.
This recipe is so flavorful and amazing because you get to smell it while it cooks…and it smells so good while it’s cooking.
Ingredients you will need for this recipe
I just threw everything in the slow cooker around lunchtime, and we had a delicious dinner last night.
If you are interested in other slow cooker recipes, I can’t recommend this chicken curry recipe any more. It’s delicious too.
Because this is a slow cooker recipe, I was able to relax and just hang out with my husband on Valentine’s Day, instead of worrying about cooking something. It was perfect.
Slow Cooker Spicy Tikka Chicken Masala
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Place chicken breasts in an olive oil sprayed slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste. Stir.
- Add the water, and all the spices to the medium bowl.
- Mix together and pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for about 5 hours. Once the chicken is cooked – about 30 minutes left to cook – take the chicken out and shred it. Stir in the coconut milk.
- Add the chicken back into the slow cooker and finish cooking. Serve immediately.