With Thanksgiving looming this week, try this easy slow cooker white chicken chili recipe for your family or gathering. It’s easy, a crowd pleaser, and healthy.
It’s now 0 Freestyle points per serving, 1 cup on Weight Watchers and you wouldn’t know it! A delicious soup recipe to warm you up this season.
Our Thanksgiving celebration has begun, and while I am nervous about cooking my first turkey, I am really excited. I’m hoping this becomes a tradition for us and I hope that we can host Thanksgiving for many years to come.
But you know what I am more excited about? The food. Our menu is coming together and sounds delicious. I know it will taste amazing too and I just can’t wait.
One thing I am a little worried about is coming up with foods that everyone will like. And I don’t mean our Thanksgiving menu. I mean the breakfasts, lunches and dinners in between.
One thing I know for sure is that this slow cooker white chicken chili recipe will be served this week. It’s so easy to make, and tastes fantastic. Kids, parents, and picky eaters can rejoice with this easy recipe.
While this chili has different types of beans and things in it, you wouldn’t know that they are in your dish.
The chickpeas take on the flavors of the broth and the butternut squash adds a hint of sweetness to the chili that you don’t expect. It’s a wonderful combination of flavors.
To make this slow cooker white chicken chili recipe:
Spray the slow cooker with olive oil spray. Add the beans, onion, butternut squash, spices, and chicken. Mix everything to combine. Set on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours; stirring occasionally.
To serve, top the chili with the Greek yogurt, cheese and cilantro, if using.
Note: Adding cheese to this chili will affect the Freestyle points value.
What are your favorite comfort foods?
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 2 15 oz cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 5 oz can green chilies
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- shredded cheese
- Spray the slow cooker with olive oil spray. Add the beans, onion, butternut squash, spices, and chicken. Mix everything to combine. Set on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours; stirring occasionally.
- To serve, top the chili with the Greek yogurt, cheese and cilantro, if using.