Warm up in this cold weather with this spicy Instant Pot steak chili recipe which is not only so flavorful, but easy to make. It just takes about 30 minutes to get a deliciously flavorful meal that everyone in your family will love. This recipe is only 5 Freestyle points per serving.
This cold weather is killing me lately. Goodness…Georgia is not equipped for this chilly weather. When the weather cools down, I crave chili.
I hope I’m not the only person who feels that way. I feel like chili helps to warm the soul and keeps you from freezing your tushy off.
Why is chili so comforting? I always seem to crave it when it’s either cold out or I’m not feeling very good. Isn’t that interesting?
What makes this steak chili different from other ones is that you use flat iron steak instead of ground beef. Why? Because it comes out amazingly tender and tastes so much better than ground beef (in my opinion).
And while the cooking time is a little longer than when you use ground beef, it’s worth the extra time…just trust me on that!
Are you still on the fence with buying an Instant Pot? This guide is great to help you decide in the Instant Pot is a great investment.
And making it in the Instant Pot really means that you can have a one-pot meal (who doesn’t love that?) plus it’s fairly quick to throw everything into the Instant Pot and let it do the work.
It might take a while to cook at pressure, but the steak will come out incredibly tender and the chili is so flavorful.
Gosh…I love one pot meals, and making them in the Instant Pot is even better. I love being able to throw everything into the Instant Pot, lock the lid and walk away while it gets to pressure and cooks. It’s wonderful.
Now, it might take a bit longer for this one to get up to pressure and cook, but it’s worth it!
What are your favorite Instant Pot recipes?
Spicy Instant Pot Steak Chili
- 2 lbs flat iron steak halved
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 4 Tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 3 cups beef broth
- 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 15oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 8oz can corn drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded (optional)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt optional
- Heat olive oil using SAUTE mode. Add the onion and garlic and brown until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the steak halves and allow to brown on each side. Add in the tomatoes, spices, beef broth, chopped chilies (if using) and tomato paste. Stir to combine everything together. Add in the corn and black beans.
- Place the lid on the cooker and switch to MANUAL mode. Cook on HIGH pressure for 28 minutes. NATURAL release for 10 minutes and use a QUICK release to release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the steak halves and cut into small pieces. (The meat will be very tender so this shouldn’t take too long). Return the meat to the pot and stir.
- To serve: Add a ladle of chili to a bowl. Add the cheese and yogurt, if using, and serve immediately.