These sweet and spicy turkey sliders are perfect when you aren’t in the mood for a full sized burger. The sweet mixed with the spicy is a perfect compliment. These were adapted from my mini meatloaf recipe.
My husband is obsessed with burgers. It’s actually one of his favorite food groups – he will eat anything and isn’t very picky, but if he had to choose, he would choose a burger any day.
When I made the mini meatloaves for the first time, I thought about how to make these into something better. And boom – these sweet and spicy turkey sliders were born.
The recipe might be similar to the mini meatloaves, but I love that they are sliders instead of meatloaves.
What are your favorite turkey recipes?
Sweet and Spicy Turkey Sliders
- 2 slices whole wheat bread torn into pieces
- 1/2 small onion quartered
- 1 carrot quartered
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon apricot jam
- lettuce and tomato
- 6 slider buns
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pulse the bread in a food processor until finely ground. Pulse the onion and carrot in the food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to the large bowl.
- Add the turkey, egg, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix by hand until combined. Shape into 6 small sliders on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Mix the ketchup and chutney in a small bowl and brush over the sliders. Transfer to the oven and bake until just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately