If you have a few minutes in the morning, you need to make these turkey sausage and spinach mini quiches. You can prep everything ahead of time and just pop them in the oven in the mornings…then grab and go. These mini quiches are so tasty too – with turkey sausage, spinach and cheese…they are delightful.
This past weekend was so special. My cousin, who lives in Florida, brought her husband and adorable baby to visit us. They were only here for the weekend, so it was a jammed packed weekend. We were lucky enough to be able to spend time with them on Sunday for a wonderful brunch before they headed off to the airport.
It was also a chance for us to do a trial run of how Christmas morning will go down. I decided to try something different, and made these turkey sausage and spinach mini quiches. Why are these things so good? I loved these. I thought they were better than my Feta and Veggie Frittatas, which are delicious.
The secret to these fabulous mini quiches? The turkey sausage crumbles. They taste amazing and are a great compliment to a normal veggie quiche. And it’s already crumbled – and cooked – so you don’t have to worry about that.
To make these Turkey Sausage and Spinach Mini Quiches:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Chop all veggies. Heat a small non-stick pan on medium-low and add in the olive oil. Add the onion, spinach and turkey sausage. Saute until the onion is translucent and the spinach has wilted.
Meanwhile, mix the eggs, cheese and tomato together in a large bowl. Add in the other ingredients to combine. Pour the mixture into a prepared muffin pan.
Place in the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator. Then you can just cook it in the morning. I told you it was easy!
Turkey Sausage and Spinach Mini Quiches
- 10 eggs beaten
- 1 cup spinach chopped finely
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 cups Jimmy Deans Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 2 oz reduced fat chedder cheese shredded
- 1/2 medium tomato chop
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-low and add in the olive oil. Add the onion, spinach and turkey sausage. Saute until the onion is translucent and the spinach has wilted.
- Meanwhile, mix the eggs, cheese and tomato together in a large bowl. Add in the other ingredients to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a muffin pan that has been sprayed with olive oil spray. Cook for 18-20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through and comes out clean with a toothpick.