If you have a craving for cookies, try these vegan lemon cookies. Don’t let the word vegan throw you off – it just means there are no eggs in them.
The lemon zest in these cookies adds a freshness to them that you don’t expect and a flavor that is unmatched in any other cookie. Come and try them for yourself!
There is something pretty perfect about cookies. They seem to make everything better – no matter what sort of day you have had – once you eat a cookie (or 2 or 3) it seems to make the day even better.
I don’t know why that is, but I definitely love when I make cookies. It always brings a smile to my face when I get to eat a cookie.
If you are wanting other cookie recipes, check out these chocolate chip cookies, or these pumpkin snickerdoodles.
Maybe it’s the sugar? Maybe it’s knowing that you are about to enjoy something sweet and delicious. Or maybe it’s just because it’s a cookie, and why not love a freaking cookie?
One of my favorite things in this world is lemon, and the zest in these cookies is perfect and adds that fresh taste you don’t always expect in cookies.
What kind of cookies do you like to eat?
Vegan Lemon Cookies
- 8 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a fork, beat together the coconut oil and sugar for about 1 minute or until the sugar dissolves. Add the almond milk, lemon zest and vanilla and beat another minute until it resembles applesauce.
- Add 3/4 cup of flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt and mix well. Add the remaining flour and mix until a soft dough forms (you can use an electric mixer if you want, but you don’t need to).
- Scoop dough onto the cookie sheets in rounded spoonfuls and flatten with your hands. Bake 10-12 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack after the cookies sit for 3 minutes. Enjoy after they have cooled.
HI Alison – I’m not sure what you could sub the coconut oil for. I never tested this recipe with anything else except coconut oil, but you might be able to use olive oil or maybe ghee? I am really not sure, though.
Kristyn, Omg… best of all worlds! What I mean is they are vegan lemon and healthy all at the same time! I LOVE lemon anything and I’m a total health nut, I’m also vegan. So much YES for me! One thing I will do is swap the sugar with zero calorie Lakanto. Is there anything I could sub all that coconut oil for? Or at least some of it? Thats a bit much for me. I try not to use oil at all if possible.
Thank you so much Fran! Anything is good with lemon zest in it. I loved how these turned out with the coconut oil, and loved the flavor of these.
These look so yummy Kristyn!