When you are tired of the meat lasagnas that are out there, try this amazing vegetable lasagna. The sauce of this lasagna is delicious and so easy to make. This recipe is also so cheesy, you wouldn’t realize there is no meat in it.
It’s only 6 Freestyle points per serving on Weight Watchers.
I love a meaty lasagna like anyone else, but when I am craving something filled with delicious vegetables, this vegetable lasagna is perfect for you and your family.
I have made this twice recently and I have just loved it each time. Jeremy also loves this recipe (along with his grandmother and my dad).
If you are interested in a delicious pasta dish, but want meat, try this creamy bruschetta chicken pasta recipe.
I first made this recipe for Thanksgiving and I am so glad that I did.
It really helped to wow some of our guests while we were entertaining folks for the week. It was fairly easy to make too, and I loved that.
What is your favorite vegetarian main dish?
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 3 medium yellow squash quartered
- 3 medium zucchini quartered
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 pint mushrooms chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 5 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg beaten
- cooking spray
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 cup fontina cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large non-stick wok style skillet to medium heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, garlic and the vegetables and cook about 10 minutes or until the squash and zucchini are soft and the mushrooms have shrunken.
Make the Sauce:
- Heat a small saucepan to medium heat. Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add the broth and flour, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly with the whisk. Add the whipping cream, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Add the egg to the sauce mixture and stir to combine.
Assemble the Lasagna:
- In an olive oil sprayed 9×13 casserole dish, spread 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottom. Then add 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce; spread 1/2 the veggies on top. Sprinkle with 1/3 of both the Parmesan cheese and Fontina cheese.
- Repeat with another 1/2 cup of sauce, a layer of noodles, the remaining vegetables, 1/3 of the cheese and rest of the sauce. Sprinkle with the last of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve immediately.