This vegetarian pasta primavera recipe is perfect for summer, and for an easy lunch. You can whip it up in no time flat, and it tastes great!
I have been on such a vegetable kick lately. I have just been craving all sorts of veggies, it’s getting kind of ridiculous. When I was testing out this recipe, I wanted to put so many veggies into the pasta that they almost didn’t all fit in my big skillet.
But that’s the beauty of a recipe like this. You can create so many different versions and variations of it that it will be different each time you make it.
Do you think there’s a problem with what you are eating if you are craving vegetables all the time? I can’t seem to get enough of them right now, and I’m kind of wondering if my body is trying to tell me something.
The hardest part of creating this recipe is chopping up all the vegetables – and there are SO many in this recipe (it’s a good thing, I promise). But it tastes so fresh and it’s a perfect lunch dish.
I just love how all the flavors work so well together. And I also love how this pasta dish doesn’t need a sauce or anything – it’s pretty perfect just how it is. Fresh, colorful, and healthy. It’s pretty tasty too.
To make this vegetarian pasta primavera recipe:
Cook the pasta in a large pot with salted, boiling water, according to package directions. In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil to medium-low heat. Add in the onion, garlic and carrots. Cook until the onion is beginning to get translucent.
Add in the rest of the veggies, and continue to stir. As the veggies cook, add in the vegetable broth, if using, and cover. Cook for about 8 minutes until the veggies are cooked through. Join the pasta with the cooked veggies and serve immediately.
*You can add in a little bit of shredded Parmesan cheese if you want (that’s what I did and it was a perfect compliment to the pasta and veggies).
Vegetarian Pasta Primavera
- 12 oz whole wheat pasta dry
- 1 head broccoli chopped
- 1 tub cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, cook the noodles to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil to medium-low heat. Add in the onion, garlic and carrots.
- Cook until the onion is beginning to get translucent. Add in the rest of the veggies, and continue to stir.
- As the veggies cook, add in the vegetable broth, if using, and cover. Cook for about 8 minutes until the veggies are cooked through.