Do you love fried rice, but don’t love the calories? Try this veggie fried quinoa instead. The quinoa replaces the rice – as well as the calories, but it doesn’t remove any of the flavor. I like this version so much more than traditional fried rice. Why? Because this one is only 3 SmartPoints per serving, 1 cup!
There are so many veggies in this recipe that you will feel healthier just by looking at this meal. Just kidding. But there are SO many veggies in this, which was what I was hoping for.
When you are craving Chinese food, this is a great alternative to your traditional fried rice recipes. And I personally think this tastes so much better than take-out.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
Did you know that you can make Chinese food yourself, and make it taste better? Don’t believe me? Try this recipe for proof.
If you make your own Chinese food, you will actually make it so much healthier than you get with take-out – and isn’t that what we are all about here?
I love making this Vietnamese fried rice recipe too…it’s also delicious and has such unique flavors.
Don’t think that you can’t cook delicious foods, because you totally can!
What is your favorite vegetarian dish?
Veggie Fried Quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 small yellow squash chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- In a small skillet, cook the egg. Set aside once it is completely cooked through.
- In a large wok-style skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Once heated, add in the onion, garlic, peppers, and carrots. Cook until they are tender.
- Add in the mushrooms, zucchini and squash and cook until tender.
- Then add in the broccoli and cook until tender, about 7 minutes
- Add the soy sauce and the egg you cooked earlier.
- Cover and cook until the egg is heated through and everything is mixed together.