What I love about white chicken chili is how it just warms me up – body and soul. I don’t know what it is about chili that makes you so happy and content, but that is exactly what you become; content through and through.
Sometimes you find a recipe online and realize that the steps it takes to make it are just too difficult. Well, you won’t get that with this amazing recipe.
Not only does this have incredible flavor (my husband let out a full on “Mmmmh” when he ate it the first time), it is so simple to make.
Ingredients you will need for this recipe
The secret to making this dinner super quick is cooking the chicken breasts in with everything else. You read that right.
You don’t have to cook the chicken ahead of time. You add the raw chicken straight into the pot and cook it with all the delicious spices and beans.
As the temperature starts to really cool down (it’s almost December y’all), I know that I will be making this recipe quite a few times.
Related: 3 Bean Turkey Chili
What’s your favorite chili recipe?
White Chicken Chili
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium poblano chile seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds chicken breasts uncooked
- 45 oz canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- Heat a large pot on medium-low heat. Add in the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add in the onion and pepper. Cook until the veggies are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, garlic, sat, cumin, oregano and coriander. Stir together and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth and drained beans. Mix together.
- Lay the chicken breasts into the mixture. Bring the pot to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, covered, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it and shred it. Add it back to the pot and mix with the bean mixture. Add in the salsa verde and mix to combine.
- Lime juice and cilantro can be added for garnish and flavor, if needed.