- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 red peppers chopped
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 16 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 16 oz can dark kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 16 oz can chili beans
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 lb ground turkey
In a large pot, heat the oil. Add the garlic, red onions, and peppers. Cook until veggies are soft, about 5 minutes.
Add in the turkey, and cook until cooked through. Then add in the spices and stir to combine. Add in the brown sugar and tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes. Add in the beans and heat them for another 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, as needed.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 41.9g | Protein: 21.3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1.1g | Cholesterol: 26.1mg | Fiber: 17.2g | Sugar: 8.5g