- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 2 cups celery diced
- 2 1/2 cups butternut squash diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 26 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 15 oz can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 2 cups kale chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot. Add the ground turkey and cook over medium-low heat until cooked. Add the onions, carrots, celery, squash, garlic and thyme and cook for 8-10 minutes until the veggies begin to soften.
Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, bay leaf, salt and pepper to the pot. Bring this to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
Add the beans, kale and cooked pasta and heat through. Serve immediately.
Calories: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 77.8g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 97g | Saturated Fat: 2.2g | Cholesterol: 44.5mg | Sodium: 522.8mg | Fiber: 13.9g | Sugar: 12.8g | Vitamin A: 3350IU | Vitamin C: 58.6mg