When you are in a pinch, but need a quick side dish for dinner, look no further than this Instant Pot fluffy rice recipe. It’s incredibly easy to make and truly makes fluffy, perfectly cooked rice each time.
I have a confession. We eat a lot of 90 second rice packs. While they are great and easy to make, they are expensive. And I don’t like the idea that I don’t know what preservatives are in them.
I’m not opposed to buying them when we are rushed, but making this Instant Pot fluffy rice is almost as quick. Plus, I can get the rest of dinner cooked while this is cooking…it’s truly a win-win.
Here are some health benefits of eating rice:
- It’s a natural anti-inflammatory and is gluten free
- It can improve nervous system health
- It’s a good source of energy
- It can help prevent constipation
- It promotes heart health
- It can be a good source of protein
What I love about this recipe is how quick and easy it is to make (aren’t most Instant Pot recipes that way?).
You can pretty much put it in the Instant Pot and let it do it’s thing. You don’t have to do a ton of watching the pan or worrying if you covered your pan.
I personally think rice is a great addition to any meal. Did you know that rice is good for you? IT IS!
Instant Pot Fluffy Rice
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add the water and rice to the Instant Pot. Add the salt and stir to combine.
- Secure the lid and cook on HIGH pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once the rice is done cooking, allow a NATURAL release for 10 minutes. Switch the valve to VENTING once 10 minutes pass.
- Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.