If you are looking for a delicious and easy breakfast recipe, try this Western omelet. It’s perfect and a great addition to your weekend breakfast rotation.
Ingredients you will need to make this recipe
What is your favorite breakfast recipe?
If you are looking for a delicious and easy breakfast recipe, try this Western omelet. It's perfect and a great addition to your weekend breakfast rotation.
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup cooked ham diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon milk any variety
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Place 1 Tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, add the ham and cook until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced onion and peppers and continue to cook until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Season the veggies and ham before removing to a clean plate.
- Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk for 1 minute until light and frothy.
- Once the butter is melted, pour in the egg mixture.
- As the eggs cook, use a spatula to clean the edges of the eggs of the omelet. Jiggle the pan around to evenly distribute the eggs and ensure they cook fully.
- Once the egg is no longer liquid, but still soft, sprinkle on the shredded cheese and place a large lid over the skillet to encourage the cheese to melt, about 1 minute.
- Scoop the vegetables and ham mixture onto half of the omelet and then use a spatula to fold the empty half of the omelet overtop.
- Continue to cook until omelette is well-browned on both sides, as desired.
Calories: 483kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 37gFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 628mgSodium: 935mgPotassium: 594mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1538IUVitamin C: 72mgCalcium: 422mgIron: 3mg