Summer meals mean easy, delicious, and possibly with seafood. This easy shrimp fried rice recipe has all 3 of those things and is perfect for your summer lunch or dinner.
I have a confession. I absolutely love food. And I love comfort foods. This includes any types of rice.
While this recipe isn’t baked, it is fried rice, and it’s amazing. Seriously, I just love any types of fried rice – especially shrimp fried rice.
What I absolutely love about this recipe is truly how easy it is to make. I use frozen jumbo shrimp and it makes the cooking time go down significantly.
All I have to do is thaw the shrimp and cook the veggies. It really doesn’t get much easier than that.
Secondly, it made me realize how much seafood I’m not eating, and I should be.
So, I have added more seafood into our diet and will continue to do so (and come up with more delicious seafood recipes for the blog) moving forward.
Shrimp Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp I used frozen
- 3 large eggs beaten
- olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large red pepper chopped
- 2 cups peas and carrots frozen
- 1 cup snap peas halved
- 1 Tablespoon ginger minced
- 6 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- In a large nonstick wok-style pan, heat 2 olive oil sprays and cook the eggs.
- After the eggs are cooked, remove them from the pan and set aside. Continue to break the eggs apart.
- Add the red pepper, onion, peas and carrots, snap peas, garlic and ginger to the pan. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until the peas and carrots are cooked through.
- Add the shrimp and stir until cooked through (they will shrink and change colors). Add in the rice and heat through.
- Add in the cooked egg, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Stir to combine. Add more soy sauce if necessary.