This red quinoa salad with feta is the perfect compliment to your BBQ or summer picnic. I love that you can have this warm or cold – and it’s delicious.
The unofficial start of summer is here! And I couldn’t be any happier about it. I love the summer season (even though it gets so hot here).
To me, summer means BBQs, friends, drinks outside, and lounging around the house.
It means slower days and where dreams really start to take shape. It means relaxing and just living in the moment.
I wish I could say that I was good with eating while we were moving. But that just wasn’t the case. I think most of that is just due to the stress of packing and closing.
Entertaining everyone who has stopped by to the house so far. It’s been an experience to say the least. I am so happy that it’s over!
Despite our move, this strawberry summer red quinoa salad with feta has been a lifesaver. It’s only 2 Smartpoints on Weight Watchers, and it’s so easy to make.
I used this recipe as a side dish while we had visitors after we moved in.
Despite the chaos, we have had a lot of wonderful visitors, and having this side dish was a perfect compliment to the BBQ my sister and her family brought us.
This dish is so fresh and easy to make. You can also change the fruit to suit your needs and favorites. I would add kiwi to this dish to add some color and a different flavor.
But, I loved how the flavors of the strawberries, blueberries and mango all came together – and the feta cheese didn’t hurt it either.
Strawberry Summer Red Quinoa Salad with Feta
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup mango chopped
- 1 cup kiwi chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Rinse the quinoa before cooking it. This will help it not taste as bitter. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the rinsed quinoa and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes, or until cooked. Remove from heat and let cool – about 20 minutes.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, add in the chopped fruit and stir to combine. Add in the crumbled feta cheese and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.