It’s the middle of November, and that means it’s time to fire up that slow cooker again. This lightened up slow cooker potato soup is creamy and delicious – and perfect for warming up your heart and soul. It’s only 4 Freestyle points per serving, 1 cup.
There have been so many different recipes of potato soup floating around lately. I definitely think this is because it’s a comfort food, and perfect for the winter weather.
But I always thought potato soup would be too many Freestyle points on Weight Watchers, so I never thought to make it myself.
Little did I know that I could lighten the recipe up for a delicious creamy potato soup – that doesn’t taste like it’s been lightened up.
One of the things that I decided to omit was the bacon crumbles. I personally didn’t think this needed them as a topping, but you can add them if you want.
Just remember that this will affect the overall Freestyle points value.
What are your favorite soup recipes?
Lightened Up Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- 2 pounds potatoes cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup unsweetened Almond milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 stalks fresh chives chopped
- 1 dollup plain greek yogurt
- Place the first 8 ingredients in the slow cooker. Mix together and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Once the potatoes are cooked, mash them with a potato masher.
- Serve immediately with the toppings: cheese, plain greek yogurt, and chives on top. If you choose to use bacon crumbles, this will affect the SmartPoints value.